Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Are You Ready To Jump?

~ By Khristie Looy ~
"Trust me! I'll catch you!" We’ve all heard these famous words or perhaps said them ourselves, trying to convince a child to jump into the safety of our arms from the edge of the swimming pool. What I love best about this image is that the majority of the time a child jumps with little hesitation and with great faith KNOWING that they will be caught! These same words are from the heart of our Abba Father. He is calling us to completely surrender our hearts to Him in every aspect of our day to day lives. Do we jump into the safety of our heavenly Father's arms when He says the words "Trust Me! I’ll catch you!"?

Proverbs 3:5.6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

One of three truths that we are teaching our CrossRoads Kids in Kindergarten to Grade 4 is "I Can Trust God No Matter What."

This seems to be a battle that I face and have found that it comes down to a daily surrender of my heart. Can I truthfully say those words in the everything of my everyday? Can I trust God no matter what? With my finances? Relationships? Work? Can I trust Him to mend my broken heart? Give the necessary strength to handle what lies ahead? Do I trust that He has my best interests at heart?

I often find myself asking the question, "How do I teach this to CrossRoads Kids when my own tendency is try to solve my own problems"?

Do you model complete trust to your kids?

Do we really trust God with ALL in our day to day?

May we always strive to surrender our hearts to trust God no matter what.
Are you ready to jump?

No comments:

Post a Comment